[RTTY] MMTTY and ASCII

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 28 21:12:05 PST 2010

Someone mentioned that MMTTY could do ASCII, and I see the HamScope
website mentions it too... but I don't find the word ASCII anywhere in
the help files.

I see on the Decode tab that you have a choice of 5, 6, 7 or 8 bits,
but it dowsn't actually say ASCII. So is that real ASCII or just a
different variation of Baudot? And does that change TX too, or just
RX?

Would someone like to try a schedule with me and set MMTTY to either 7
or 8 bits and see what happens? If it starts printing both upper and
lower case I guess we could assume that is real ASCII - right? We
could start out with conventional RTTY and then change. I'm available
most any time.

Obviously a newbie here.  :-)

73, Bill W6WRT