[RTTY] Edgeport 8 port usb to serial drivers

wa5zup wa5zup at msn.com
Sun Jan 31 06:47:11 PST 2010

It is not objectionable, just not necessary if the computer is connected to
the internet.  When you first plug in the usb cable, the windows pop up asks
if you want to search the internet for the driver, just say yes.  It can not
be anymore painless.  Most of these are purchased on ebay.  You would have
to be nuts to buy a new one for $455. One of the ones I have was brand new
in the box, with the driver disk.  The driver on the disk was much older
than what windows automatically downloaded.
I use XP. The driver page on Digi's website lists windows Vista.  So you
would think that the same driver would work with windows 7.  These units are
still in production and supported.  I am sure Digi could answer that windows
7 question.