[RTTY] Motherboard Recommendation

Jim W7RY jimw7ry at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 19:47:32 PDT 2010

I tried to use my 4 port Edgeport USB-serial shown here for field day. BUT I
had to add an expansion card to my laptop because I didn't have enough USB
ports. (IC-7200, external mouse and Edgeport).  Using a 4 port USB card
inserted into the PCI express port, FSK on the Edgeport would not work.

Plugging the Edgeport into one of the on-board USB ports of the laptop, it
worked fine. And yes, the PCI express card does supply power to the
Edgeport.

I have had good luck with both the 8 port and the 4 port Edgeport devices on
my shack computer.

Just an FYI

73
Jim W7RY