[RTTY] FTDX 5000 and MMTTY/N1MM

Steve **KT0DX** kt0dx at comcast.net
Sat Jul 10 06:44:25 PDT 2010

I have moved from a FT1000MP to a FTDX5000 radio and now I have to
re-configure all my software for the new radio.  With the FT1000MP I was
using N1MM and MMTTY with no problem.  Now I wonder if I will be able to
use MMTTY any more since this radio is not supported in MMTTY.  To be
honest I have not played with  the set up above as I am awaiting a
Microkeyer II to replace the RIGBlaster plus that I now have.

Is there anyone on this reflector who has used the FTDX5000 on RTTY in a
contest who can give me an idea of what programs to use to get back into
the contest scene?  I believe this issue may come up more often with new
radios appearing and MMTTY not keeping up with the changes.  What I see
is needed is someone or a few people to team up and update MMTTY or
design a new RTTY decoder program or we could see a decline in RTTY
contesting from the people who upgrade radios to use the latest
developments to increase their score and enjoyment of RTTY contesting.
I may be all wet but from where I am sitting today I can not see any
other way around what could be a  problem.

Steve
(KT0DX)