[RTTY] FTDX 5000 and MMTTY/N1MM

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sat Jul 10 10:16:27 PDT 2010

Rich,

This reply will take an excessive time to reach the general list
since the "moderator" has decided to censor anyone that disagrees
with his particular views on certain subjects.  However:

 > If you want to use MMTTY stand-alone and you want to use its
 > rudimentary radio control features (Option>  Setup>  TX Tab>  Radio
 > command button),  I'd suggest that you try the Kenwood, Elecraft
 > setting in the Radio command window - I believe (subject to
 > correction, of course) that recent Yaesu radios (2000, 5000, 9000)
 > use the same basic software PTT commands as Kenwood and Elecraft
 > radios.

The current version of MMTTY (version 1.66g) includes specific support
for the new Yaesu protocols used in the FT-9000, 5000, 2000, 950, and
450.  For the FT-5000, select Group "Yaesu FT 9000, 2000, 950, 450
and Model FT-2000.  In most cases the user will need to set the Yaesu
transceiver CAT TOT menu item to 1000 ms (default is 10 ms) in order
for CAT to function properly, particularly at the default 4800 bps.
At 4800 8N2 (Yaesu default), any CAT command of five characters or
more will cause a timeout ... those applications that "stack" commands
will always cause a CAT timeout.

It is also wise to set CAT RTS to DISABLE (default is ENABLED) in
case the interface does not support handshake.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV