[RTTY] [WriteLog] Error Message when Writelog 10.77H is startedup

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 10 19:58:10 PDT 2010

Apparently something has changed in 10.77 where the following [Rttyrite] entries are no longer needed:

CustomTnc1MenuEntry=MMTTY
CustomTnc1ProgId=WriteLog.WlMMTtyTnc.1

On clean full installs of 10.77, writelog.ini files on both my PC's show this:

[Rttyrite]
Port=4
Speed=0
Type=15
MMTTY_LOCATION=C:\Program Files\MMTTY\
X=434
Y=298
W=670
H=468
Font=IOPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMLCAAAAAAAAAAAAADACABABDDEPGFHCHJGFGCHACOEFGHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It's obviously different than what was used to be required.  Try removing the CustomTnc command lines in writelog.ini or you might
try renaming your existing writelog.ini file to something like writelog_old.ini and let WriteLog create a new one.  When you select
MMTTY as the TU Type, you will get an error that says it can't find MMTTY but you will be able to navigate to the location of MMTTY.
Make sure you have a FULL installation of MMTTY and not just mmtty.exe in the location.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com