[RTTY] Fwd: 9X0TL

Kok Chen chen at mac.com
Thu Jul 15 09:19:46 PDT 2010

The following is what I received from Tom DL2RUM today.

(If you missed 9X0R in 2008 and 9X0A back in 1997/1998, here is
another shot at 9X :-)

Tom will likely be using the same RTTY setup that he used at VP2MUM
last year.  If so, and when he is working split, there is no need to
zero beat on a previous QSX to get noticed by him, just transmit
within the waterfall that he is watching.

He was using a 2.2 kHz wide waterfall when he was at VP2MUM; so given
a short time watching the stations he is working, you can find out the
location of that span which he is watching.

Calling outside that waterfall will not get you noticed if there are
still stations within the waterfall that he can see.  His video from
VP2MUM showed a long stretch of time (like 5 minutes) where he never
even touched the VFO knob but just working stations within a fixed
waterfall.

73,
Chen, W7AY

Begin forwarded message: