[RTTY] Rigblaster & N1MM Help

KE1JF-Tom ke1jf at cox.net
Sun Jul 18 12:04:45 PDT 2010

Hello All,

A few weeks ago my MFJ-1279 quit working so I replaced it with a Rigblaster Plus. It connected right up in place of the MFJ as far as Keying my TS-2000 in FSK. For receiving the RB is not used so I put an isolation transformer ( radio shack 273-1374, 1:1 )  in the audio line & plugged into my mic. in on my computer as before but when I start N1MM I get an Err 4 Opening Recording Device & no waterfall. If I unplug the audio line from the computer & plug it back in the error message goes away & I get a waterfall & print as normal until I make a contact. As soon as I hit enter to log it the waterfall goes away & I get the error back but unplugging & plugging the audio line to the computer clears the error up & the waterfall returns for another contact but the error repeats after each contact. I tried the line in & tried without the isolation transformer but no difference. MMTTY seems to be working normally as far as I can tell & at this point I could use any ideas. Has anyone else seen this before or have any ideas ?

Tnx. in advance & 73,

Tom, KE1JF