[RTTY] DXP-38- keep it or sell it?

WS7I ws7ik7tj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 06:45:34 PDT 2010

All I can tell you is to check with Don AA5AU as I know that he like
many is running a pair of DXP-38's along with MMTTY.  On certain bands
(low bands) they generally give you an edge in some respects.  Having
hardware and software modems and both copying at once is a real plus
at times.

FWIW the Hal units DXP-38 DSP4100 play very well.

But there is a ready market for them as well.

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 6:25 PM, Rudy Bakalov <r_bakalov at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a pair of DXP-38 modems that I got a couple of years ago, but never bothered integrating into my station. I no longer have a computer with serial ports and was wondering if the DXP-38 was worth the USB to serial cables. I know it's juts a few bucks, but sometimes less is more, i.e. keep it simple.
> So, compared to MMTTY, how well does the HAL play? My thinking was to use it in diversity reception, fronted by a Timewave DSP-599zx in RTTY tone pair regeneration mode or just the data mode filter. This is where the complexity comes into play.
> So, keep them pair or sell them?  If keep them, shall I bother with the DSP front-end or just feed them with the regular audio from my Icom 756P3s?
> Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
> Rudy N2WQ

Jay WS7I