[RTTY] Icom IC-7600 200 Hz Filter on RTTY

Jerry Flanders jeflanders at comcast.net
Tue Jun 1 10:04:54 PDT 2010

It is likely that your 200 Hz filter is a bit wider than 200, or
rolls off so slowly so that it is much wider at only a few dB down.
On the PRO3, I think there was a "hard/soft" choice for the filter
passbands. The 7600 probably has this also. Soft had a slower rolloff.

A good way to see the actual passband is to collect white noise with
one of the sound card programs.

Jerry W4UK