[RTTY] 200 hz filter on RTTY

Charlesjr at afgimail.com Charlesjr at afgimail.com
Tue Jun 1 12:55:52 PDT 2010

Allan,
No question is ignorant. During contest I use it with Writelog. I think WL and one other software
package is the only one's RITTY will work with. You loose some of the function(s) but not it's
ability to copy weak signals when used with the logging software.
During the day I use it standalone on a WIN98 500mhz machine with several sound cards. The ct4520
sound card works better than earlier model cards. I do some part time online work for a gentleman
since retiring from the .mil world. That's why you see all the spots during the day from me as I
work and play at the same time. MMTTY work's pretty good but not as good as RITTY on weak signal
copy. Same with the ST8000 I have, not as good as RITTY. With that said I never could copy E4X when
he was on 18100.0 the other day. The op was there for about 8 hours and never a peep here but I saw
plenty of other W's working them and even one on the coast about 60 miles from me.
Hope that answered your question.
73
charles/kk5oq