[RTTY] E4X Palestine Country Status

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sun Jun 6 08:13:10 PDT 2010

 > Yes, I know E4 is an ARRL approved DXCC country for contacts
 > made after 1-Feb-1999; however, I would appreciate clarification
 > on why Palestine is consider a separate county?

Palestine is recognized as independently governed by the UN and
has been assigned a call sign prefix block by the ITU.  Both
actions represent criteria for acceptance as a separate entity
for DXCC purposes.  See the DXCC Rules on Political Entities at:

   http://www.arrl.org/files/file/DXCC/DXCC%20Rules.pdf

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV