[RTTY] MMTTY and EXTFSK at 75 baud...

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sun Jun 6 09:32:02 PDT 2010

 > How do you set up MMTTY stand-alone for 75 baud RTTY transmission???
 > Can't seem to find it.

Set Baud Rate on the "Decode" tab in the MMTTY setup.

 > I was using the microkeyer with WriteLog's RTTY decoder (not MMTTY
 > plug-in).

I note WriteLog is setting the baud rate to 74.2 when the user
selects "75 baud (100 WPM) Baudot"!  I don't know if it makes a
difference.

I have double checked 100 WPM (75 baud) generation with both the
original MK and MK II with the plug-in set manually to 75 baud.
Both units decode correctly using either the MMTTY plug-in or
the WriteLog Stereo Soundboard (AFSK) decoder as well as fldigi
or MMTTY stand alone.

I can confirm your findings that there is no way to do 75 baud
FSK with a USB port.  The MMTTY plug-in will not call EXTFSK
and WriteLog's "software FSK" is limited to 60 WPM.  Other than
a very old USB to serial adapter (if you can find current drivers),
the only "serial converters" that appear to support 5 bit codes
at data rates below 110 baud are now the Edgeport product line
(http://www.digi.com/products/usb/edgeport.jsp#overview).

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV