[RTTY] The E4X team on RTTY

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 7 20:38:25 PDT 2010

Congrats on that six meter RTTY contact Phil!  That's quite a feat...  Hope to do more on six when the 3 element SteppIR gets here.

E4X team did an excellent job on RTTY.  They covered most of the bands and the operators (EA2RY and EA5RM) were extremely efficient
and very good.  I was pretty amazed really at how fast he was able to work.  It was almost contest rate at certain times.  It was
pretty weird working them on 17M RTTY yesterday when they were operating in the CW part of the band.  Wish they hadn't done that,
but otherwise an overall excellent job.  Getting them on 40M RTTY last night was icing on the cake.  They ended up with over 10,000
RTTY QSO's.  That's pretty amazing.

To the contrary, the 3C9B team didn't seem to have the rate going on RTTY and only made 171 Q's.  I consider myself very lucky to
get them on 17M.  I just hope they do better from 3C0.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com