[RTTY] BARTG 75 Sprint

Roger Cooke roger at g3ldi.co.uk
Sun Jun 13 02:19:23 PDT 2010

Hi.

    Excuses first!

Despite a stuck beam, broken rhombic, no linear and poor propagation, I
think this
could be called a great success, plus a lot of fun.

I managed 58 Qs, some on 15 but the majority on 20 metres. 10 was dead
for me.

         BARTGRTTYS Score Summary Sheet

     CallSign Used : G3LDI

Operator Category : SINGLE-OP

             Power : LOW
              Mode : RTTY
  Default Exchange : 001
        Gridsquare : JO02ON

          Software : N1MM Logger V10.6.0

         Band    QSOs    Pts  Cty   Sec   Cnt
           14      50          50   21     8       4
           21       8            8     3      0       0
        Total      58         58   24    8       4

             Score : 7,424

   Great fun, difficult to keep up sometimes, but I think 75 Bauds has
certainly proved
more than capable of being the standard speed. Perhaps a few purists
will think otherwise,
the normal jingle-bell rhythm has been altered! However, after using it
for a while, I became
accustomed to it. Macros will have to be tweaked to cater for the higher
speed with a few
more repeats of essential exchanges being needed. I found a few stations
trying to be too
slick, and their exchange was merely "17"  or similar. Obviously this is
too short with the
vagaries of HF and I feel we should have a bit more in the exchange than
that! There is even
time for a GE or 73 or HI Fred!  Why not, I like to be sociable......

    Some nice DX worked, FM5, JA, ZP9, couple from SA, even Ian, GM3KLN,
GB50ATG
and Arf, G1XKZ.  I was very pleased to work G3WW, who at 93, is still
contesting!!

   I hope John now includes this in the RTTY calendar, and keeps it
short too. We have
enough marathons!  Thanks to him for arranging it, and thanks to all who
took part.

73 de Roger, G3LDI, BARTG Chairman