[RTTY] [MMTTY] Spot frequency

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Sun Jun 13 18:47:34 PDT 2010

Gary,

There were a couple of excellent descriptions of what is "going on" with RTTY spots not appearing on the real Mark frequency by some operators.

Specific to the MP-1000MP, the fourth paragraph on page 54 of the Yaesu manual (that I downloaded off their website) shows the options for this radio. It says the default setting will display the Mark signal frequency, which is what you want when you post a spot. Unless you have changed this, you should be "set to go".

In addition to checking this menu setting, you can determine whether your radio is displaying the Mark frequency by tuning in WWV at 10-MHz. When your radio is set correctly in RTTY mode, you will hear the Mark audio signal (2125 Hz) generated by the WWV carrier. If the signal is zero beat, the radio is displaying the suppressed carrier frequency.

I know N1MM Logger has the ability to "correct" the spot frequency if a transceiver does not generate the proper Mark RF frequency. I believe WriteLog does too, but someone using that software should verify my statement about this.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN