[RTTY] BARTG 75 Sprint

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sun Jun 13 23:59:32 PDT 2010

 > Remember too that you are not comparing 7 to 5, you are comparing
 > 7+start+stop to 5+start+stop.

Actually 8+start+stop to 5+start+stop.  Since radio circuits are
probably more reliable with two stop bits we're actually talking
about 11/75 vs. 7.5/45.45 or 146.5 ms vs, 165 msec.

 > The biggest impediment though, as Bob K0RC pointed out is that MMTTY
 > lacks ASCII capability.

That may be true for AFSK but if MMTTY is opening a real UART at
75 8N2, the UART will be sending ASCII. It's a bit late to set up
a dummy load to dummy load test between MMTTY and cocoaModem to
find out for sure but I'll try to do that in the next day or so.

In any case, since Dave has the MMTTY source, I'm sure ASCII can
be added if it is not already supported.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV