[RTTY] GU0SUP DRCG LDC

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Mon Jun 14 10:03:55 PDT 2010

Hi all,

Well, I guess "lousy conditions" sums it up nicely! At least they were from
here.
On 20m, most of my contacts were close EU stations that I don't normally
hear, although I did work JA7IC, 9M2CNC and W6WRT that bucked the trend.
It was good to see 10m open for once, and I had hoped to work some
5-banders, but an evening out with the XYL on Saturday night scuppered my
chance of trying out the BARTG 75Baud Sprint, and also the second session of
the LDC.

During Saturday, I had many chores to do, and had to play taxi several
times, so didn't have long to spend at any one sitting.
On Sunday evening, for the final session, I was hoping to really improve my
score, but Windows 7 deemed otherwise. I had that blue screen of death, and
after that, numerous odd things kept happening. Such as me being on 15m, WL
showing me on 15m, but the log entry showing I had worked them on 20m. The
bandmap kept changing colours, so some stations in RED weren't actually
worked. Then the RTTY window wouldn't show any colour coding of calls. Etc
etc.
After that, I lost my desire to continue.

After the BSOD, I really ought to have let it reboot, then shut down and
restarted properly, but I didn't, and I am sure that is where the niggles
came from. I've tried it since, and all is now OK.

I really ought to have paid attention a bit more, as I could have stopped
after 6 hours of operating, but I will have to tally up the overall time and
see by how much I have exceeded the 6 hour slot.

So, here is what I managed in that short time:
 	 QSOs	Points	DX	Areas
80m: 	    0	    0	    0	    0
40m:	    0	    0	    0	    0
20m:	   78	  500	   25	    9
15m:	   35	  112	   17	    0
10m:	   18	   54	   15	    0
Total:	  131	  666	   57	    9

Total multipliers:	   66
Total continents:	    3
Score:		             131868

My log is now on LoTW, but as usual, paper cards are always welcomed.

I hope to see some of you at the RTTY dinner in Friedrichshafen at the end
of next week!

73 all

Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100614-0, 14/06/2010
Tested on: 14/06/2010 18:03:55