[RTTY] Cheating

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Jun 14 13:13:24 PDT 2010

 > I think SO2R should be in a class by itself. IN ALL CONTESTES... Or
 > lump it together with some multi class.

No! When used properly SO2R is nothing more than a way to change bands
quickly.  If the operator has the hardware and skill to to that legally
there is nothing wrong with SO2R.  If the operator lacks skill (and
ethical compass) to use the hardware within the rules, report him/her
to the contest sponsors for the necessary action.

There is no justification for treating one set of SINGLE OPERATORS any
differently from any others based only on the hardware located in their
stations.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV