[RTTY] Cheating

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Jun 14 20:37:09 PDT 2010

 > Huh, of course there is a lot of justification or else we wouldn't
 > have Single Operator Low power - High Power, Assisted and
 > non-assisted.

High Power/Low Power is an artifact of the 1950's in an attempt to
"level the playing field" but it was never extended to other areas
of hardware (like antennas in the 60's and computers in the 70's).

Assisted and non-assisted are not hardware related - they deal with
OUTSIDE OPERATOR ASSISTANCE (e.g. spotting from OUTSIDE one's own
shack) and are probably the most pervasively used form of cheating
there is.).

None of this addresses the use of multiple radios to change bands
rapidly by a skilled operator (e.g. SO2R).

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV