[RTTY] Cheating

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Tue Jun 15 09:06:43 PDT 2010

 > I have never been against SO2R and you know it. I respect SO2R ops
 > just as I respect the multi-multi stations, but that doesn't mean I
 > want to play that way. Separate categories, Joe, not outlawing. That's
 > all I have ever asked from day one.

Separation (also known as segregation, separate but equal, apartheid,
etc.) is bigotry whether it is practiced in public policy or in
radiosport.  A single operator is a single operator whether he uses
one transceiver or ten.

You're the one that needs an attitude adjustment.  Instead of "I
respect SO2R ops," you might as well say "some of my best friends
are <pick your minority here>."  As long as you discriminate against
one group of single operators based on the number of transceivers
they use and their choice to listen on one band while transmitting
on another, you are a bigot.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV