[RTTY] 75 Baud

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Wed Jun 16 16:49:54 PDT 2010

Who said anything about not keeping 45 Baud RTTY?

People need to read and comprehend the content of these messages.

Read it again and tell me what YOU think I said, please!

But I'll give you a head start... a message by GW4SKA and confirmed by UT1IA
reminded everyone the Ukrainian DX DIGI Contest will be RTTY 75 and PDSK63
only. Then W7RY added that this was the same weekend as ARRL Field Day. They
will be operating 45 baud from their site.

My next message was to remind people that Field Day is more a training
opportunity than an outright contest (no logs are sent in... how can that be
a real contest?).

Then VE3IAE joins in and expresses his concern not to "throw out the baby
with the bath water."

Next W7RY jumps back in and, showing no amateur radio spirit, blows off my
suggestion that Field Day participants might want to consider programming
their digital stations to be able to operate either speed.

Whether you want to acknowledge it or not Jim, some operators might come
across 75 baud RTTY signals that weekend and not know what is going on. It's
not going to decode for them no matter how precisely they tune in the
signal. Then what?

YOU as an amateur radio Elmer have the opportunity to do something other
than blow it off.

Now... back to our regularly scheduled pissing contest that has been going
on here lately.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN