[RTTY] 75 Baud

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Thu Jun 17 09:04:38 PDT 2010

You bet I have listened. Actually I'm probably one of the stations operating in the mix. CW is my favorite mode. That said, there are no speed regulations on CW. If you want to operate at 15 wpm or 25 wpm or 35 wpm, people learn to recognize the different speeds and adjust to them.

The early lesson from 75 Baud RTTY is when the bands deteriorate, slower is better. But when band conditions are great, higher speeds allows a lot more qso's per hour.

Why do you resist the concept of using different digital speeds? This doesn't even seem to be an issue with the PSK crowd.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN