[RTTY] SO2R

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Thu Jun 17 09:39:53 PDT 2010

 > In other words... More than one operator, multi op. More than one
 > radio, multi radio.

No - that's the point it is not multi-operator.  It is *one*
operator alternating between two radios.

While the technique of listening to multiple radios at the
same time, even listening on one radio while transmitting
on a second radio (on a different band) may provide some
tactical advantage, it is still *ONE* operator performing
all of the functions associated with making the QSO.

If you want to eliminate what some most object to about SO2R
- e.g., holding two frequencies ("dual CQs"), etc. - convince
contest sponsors to adopt band change limits.  Don't segregate
one group of single operator based on their (legal) operating
tactics.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV