[RTTY] FLDigi vs MMTTY?

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Fri Jun 18 19:27:39 PDT 2010

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

 >> How's that? Fldig seems to be stuck with mono receive audio and
 >> will not take one rig on the left channel with a second one of
 >> the right channel as is don't with all the other SO2R software.
 >

 > Well quite simple. Use one sound card for radio1 and the other sound
 > card for radio2.

Doesn't work with interfaces that connect one receiver to each channel
of a single soundcard.  Also requires THREE soundcards if the user is
to avoid the possibility of operating system sounds going to the
transmitter.

 >> The mono audio also screws up the ability to "listen to the pile-up"
 >> with dual receiver radios (e.g,, FT-1000, FT-2000. FT-5000, K3,
 >> etc.).
 >
 > HHMMM doesn't seem to be an issue with either my Omni6 or FT-450, but
 > then the radios you mention are outside my budget by quite a bit.

Neither of those are dual receiver transceivers.

 > MacLogger is closed source, you need to ask Don why he is not willing
 > to port fldigi to his app.

MacLogger is open - it exposes a standard Applescript interface and
any developer can exploit that to extend support to MacLogger DX.

 > you need to ask Don why he is not willing to port fldigi to his app.

I have ... and his answer is exactly as stated above.  fldigi does not
support a scriptable interface that is compatible with the standards
in the OS-X world (specifically Applescript or any other scripting
language than could be translated to Applescript).

 > You may need to read up on how fldigi makes use of Chen's uH router.

Oh, I have.  fldigi only makes use of the PTT interface.  Again, it
is not scriptable so it can't access the the radio control "port" in
uH Router (at least I can't find any mention of support other than
the PTT script in any of the documentation of change logs).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV