[RTTY] Building a PC for the radio

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Sun Jun 20 20:02:51 PDT 2010

I agree with the flat panel.

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 here and with the monitor that came with it,
there were lots of birdies.  I switched to the flat panel and all the
birdies are gone.  73

Tom W7WHY

>The other option is to just get a new mobo and CPU for the Radio PC
>and go from there.  The benefit there is that I can look for one that
>is known to be RFI quiet.

REPLY:

FWIW:  The RFI I have had from computers has all been either from the
monitor or the power supply. The flat panel monitors seem to be
amazingly free of RFI compared to the CRT type. The computer RFI I
have had I have always been able to cure by replacing the power supply
with one made by Zalman. Somewhat more expensive, but very quiet.

YMMV but good luck.

73, Bill W6WRT