[RTTY] Motherboard Recommendation

TL_IARC 4z4tl at iarc.org
Wed Jun 30 23:21:17 PDT 2010

A GA-G41M-ES2L is a good cheap board (1-2 years) equipped with 2 serial
ports (one straight out on the back panel, another on board via a 10 pin
flat
cable) + 2 PCI slots + one PCIe slot at high speed ( X16) + 8 USB ports. It
has audio &  video on board, and is small in size.

As  a "2010-2015" Ham shack desktop it's a winner.

Bottom line: MSI , Gigabyte, G31 G41 generation are cost effective,
reliable, suitable and like RF... (no USB 3.0 though - so what?).
73, Isaac 4Z4TL