[RTTY] Anyone using IC-751A on AFSK?

James Colville jimw7ry at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 08:06:47 PST 2010

Sure. Any rig that has LSB will do AFSK. BUT to take advantage of the CW
filters for RTTY, you need to run FSK on the 751.  There is now way to
engage the narrow filters unless you use the RTTY mode selection. When in
RTTY mode, you have to use FSK. FSK is easy. Just build a simple transistor
switch from the serial port on the PC to the FSK input on the 751.  The
large Molex plug on the back of the rig is where the FSK connection is. The
plugs are avaialbe from www.mouser.com.

73
Jim W7RY