[RTTY] Why are VP5, C6 and EI difficult to work on RTTY?

Tim Goeppinger timgep at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 22:39:44 PST 2010

I have been on RTTY for almost 4 years now, and worked thousands of RTTY QSO's mainly in contests.   I have noticed that 3 countries that are common in other modes, but are rare on RTTY:  VP5, C6 and EI.    These are a curiosity to me, especially VP5.  People go there
all the time (like the current operation), but they never operate RTTY.  Does someone have a shack rental with a sign that says "DO NOT OPERATE RTTY"?

Just curious,

Tim K6GEP