[RTTY] VP5, C6, EI on RTTY

Chris Plumblee chris.plumblee at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 12:54:38 PST 2010

Apropos of nothing, AF4Z and K4QD are planning a trip to Haiti
relatively soon to serve at an orphanage in the Northwest part of the
country. They usually plan their trip around the CQWW WPX Phone
contest but operate some RTTY outside the contest period as
HH4/homecalls.

The Hamlet in VP5 is still available for rental. A local couple went
last year for a low-key DXPedition concurrent with the Russian DX
Contest. They worked some RTTY I'm sure outside the contest period,
but there is no amplifier available there at present so I imagine it
would be easier to control the pileups on CW.

I don't know about EI...I worked EI6HB during CQWW RTTY in 2007 under
my call, and I'm sure I've worked Ireland other times under other
calls, just don't have the log files here to prove it. FWIW, EI6HB is
confirmed via LOTW.

Chris WF3C