[RTTY] LoTW question

Iain MacDonnell - N6ML ar at dseven.org
Tue May 18 08:05:19 PDT 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 1:23 AM, Fabi va2up <va2up at live.ca> wrote:
> off topic here but I'll take my chances since rttyers are generally heavy LoTW users.

A better place to ask would be ...

but...

> I need to roll back to an earlier date the computer on which I have all my LoTW files. Since I have just renewed my call certificates for a new 3 year period not longer than a couple of weeks ago, I was wondering if rolling back say a couple of months would affect things (I guess so).

By "roll back", do you mean using some software to undo everything
you've done since that past date? If so, that would definitely affect
your TrustedQSL operation, as you'd lose your new certificates, and
possibly private keys (if you created new ones when you renewed).

Suggest you use the TQSLCert program to "Save" each of your
certificates to a .p12 file, and store those files somewhere else (you
really should have these .p12 files stored somewhere as a backup
anyway). After you complete your roll-back, you can load the
certificates back from the .p12 files using TQSLCert again.

> Is anybody  familiar with this issue and since we're at it, could I move all my LoTW files and material to another computer by backing up on some mass media device? I searched through the help files and couldn't really come up with an answer. It may very well be that I need new glasses...

You can install the TrustedQSL software on another computer and then
load the certificates from the .p12 files you created as above. You
will need to define your Station Locations on the new computer, but
that's easy enough. Not sure what other "files and material" you might
have - depends how you handle your logging, I suppose.

See also http://bit.ly/aOnF6F

73,

    ~Iain / N6ML