[RTTY] Thanks from AA5AU

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Wed May 19 20:31:41 PDT 2010

I want to thank everyone on the reflector who posted congratulatory e-mail about my induction into the CQ Contest Hall of Fame and
all the nice things said about me here.  Sorry for being late to reply but I'm just now getting to e-mail after arriving home late
Monday evening and two full days of work.

The trip to Dayton and the induction into the HOF was an overwhelming experience.  Coming home to read all the posts was icing on
the cake, so to speak.  Leaving Dayton left me with renewed energy; energy that I plan on using to continue my efforts toward
helping RTTY and RTTY contesting grow.

I understand that I have been an Elmer to many of you and I am glad that I am able to help.  On Sunday, I drove from Dayton to
Indianapolis to see my hero and Elmer, George Hill WB9FAD.  He is my dad and he turns 85 years old next week.  I hadn't seen him in
over four years.  I know he is very proud of me and it is because of him that I am able to do what I do.  He taught me well.  He was
the one that got me started on RTTY over 27 years ago.

I want to thank a few people here publicly on the reflector even though I already thanked them in person and at the Contest Dinner
in my speech.  In regards to the speech, if anyone did record it, I'd like to hear it because I was so nervous I don't remember
exactly what I said.  But I understand it came off well and for that I'm relieved!

Thanks to Mark Perrin N7MQ, Mark Aaker K6UFO and Ed Muns W0YK for their nominations to the Hall of Fame committee on my behalf.
This extends to their clubs, the Williamette Valley DX Club, Valley Radio Club of Oregon and the Northern California Contest Club.

Thanks to Charlie Morrison for chauffeuring me around Dayton all weekend!

And I want to thank Ed Muns W0YK a second time for presenting me with a bottle of his finest Pinot Noir from his vineyard at the
RTTY forum and for presenting me with my Hall of Fame plaque Saturday night.  I just posted a picture of Ed and me here:

http://rttycontesting.com/dayton2010.html

I hope to put other pictures on this page as I receive them.

For now, it's now time to get back to the business of RTTY.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com