[RTTY] 2011 Roundup

Don AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 10 05:56:57 PST 2010

The trick for us RTTY ops going to be to stay high in the band.  Biggest problems are going to be 20 and 40 meters.  USA RTTY ops can go all the way to 7125 kHz now and we should start utilizing that space.  Working DX on the low end of 40 is going to be a problem though.  On 20 we can go all the way to 14150 kHz, which in major RTTY contests is already well populated.  On 80 we can't go above 3600 kHz anymore, so the high part of that band may become more crowded than usual.  Hopefully 15 meters will be open, because we can go all the way up to 21200 kHz there.

It's going to be an interesting combination.

73, Don AA5AU