[RTTY] (no subject)

Dick White whiter26 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 14 19:12:19 PST 2010

WAE DX Contest, RTTY
Call: KS0M
Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MO
 Band  QSO's  Pts  QTC's  Mults
------------------------------
   80:   28   28     0    52
   40:   84   84     0    81
   20:  108  108    90    84
   15:   31   31    30    46
   10:    0    0     0     0
------------------------------
Total:  251  251   120   263  Total Score = 97,573

With my beam locked in place pointing East, I did not get much use out of it
and
had to use my 6-BTV vertical for most of my contacts. I was surprised how
well
it worked. It was stressful to see calls on my screen that could not hear me
calling them. The vertical just does not get out too well with the 90 watts
had to use. I could not go to High power as my amp blew the finals three
weeks
ago. No rotor, no amp so it was back to basics. It was FUN. Once I learned
manage the QTC's two years ago, it made this contest a lot more fun and sure
helped my score. I hope they keep this contest format. I learned how to use
QTC's
for the WAE when I was 82 years old. I printed out the instructions from the
manual
and made a crib sheet to use for a while. Now I have no problem S/R QTC's.
If an 80
year old can learn to use QTC's, anyone can.

Richard C. "Dick" White
Fulton, MO. 65251  U.S.A.
whiter26 at sbcglobal.net
Amateur Radio Station - KS0M