[RTTY] TX errors

rick darwicki n6pe at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 18:46:57 PDT 2010

OK, I have to vent............

Listening to the PJs you will hear the average number of accidental calls on the DX frequency, easy enough to forgive.

It seems when I started chasing DX before the Internet and Spots, if I was hearing the DX and NONE OF THE STATIONS he was working, it was a pretty good clue he was operating SPLIT.

I heard a guy in the mid-west calling on a PJ DX on his frequency for over 20 minutes. I guess he assummed that he only had propagation to the PJ that was working W1, W2s W4s W7s VEs and EU etc hi hi

Apparently with all the modern transceivers, dual RX, Split VFOs etc it is easy to get confused. Even the UP UP cops can't help some people.

I'm glad my PRO III has the TX frequency in RED, it keeps my blunders short lived. Now if I could just hit the right macro key all the time.

Rick, N6PE