[RTTY] WRITELOG QUESTION

Sidney Grimes sidgrimes at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 19 16:10:56 PDT 2010

HELLO ALL
I used WriteLog with MMTTY for the first time in the JARTS Contest this past weekend. Overall I am very pleased with WriteLog, but I was unable to keep the CAT connection up with the transceiver. WriteLog  would connect for a minute or so and function properly but then it would loose communications with the transceiver and show NO RIG. (Not an RFI issue since the problem occurs in the receive mode) I had the same problem with MMTTY running alone. I was able to solve the problem by setting the polling interval to 2 sec. The help file in WriteLog suggests unchecking the poll box if the CAT function operates erratically. When I did this I was unable to get the CAT function to work at all. The help file says that with the poll box unchecked the software will only poll the transceiver when dupe checking. I found the the CAT function did not function and the dupe checking was incorrect.
The setup is a KENWOOD TS570D and a NAVIGATIOR  interface. CAT  works fine when using MixW so the problem is not with the rig or the interface.
If anyone has any suggestions on how I can get CAT to work with WriteLog I would appreciate the help. Thanks in advance

73
Sid KK8X