[RTTY] [CQ-Contest] NA Sprint RTTY Log Check Report Analysis

David Levine david at levinecentral.com
Fri Oct 29 09:59:05 PDT 2010

I'm pretty sure, though I'm not home to check, using N1MM if I hard coded
T0m into the exchange macros but used TOM when setting up the contest, I'd
be sending T0m (with a zero) to everyone but my generated cabrillo log would
show TOM (with the letter O) everywhere. If I used {exch} and setup the
exchange to be 001 T0m MN it would all match.

BUT, I know for me, and maybe this is more specific to N1MM, I don't always
use {exch} in my macros. If I did I wouldn't be able to resend a portion or
multiple occurrences of some of the fields. If the exchange in N1MM is 001
DAVID NJ then I'd be able to send {exch} {exch} which would send 001 DAVID
NJ 001 DAVID NJ. I don't think (though there are 100's of N1MM tricks I
don't know) if I could  send 001 DAVID DAVID NJ or 001 DAVID NJ NJ without
hardcoding the macro. I know there's a # which would allow me to, as an
example, send # {exch} which would send 001 001 DAVID NJ. I'm also not sure,
if some asked for NAME? NAME? if there's a way in N1MM to have it send DAVID
DAVID based on the entered exchange when the contest is set up. I normally
hard code those to macro buttons.

Maybe a N1MM guru knows or maybe it is handled differently in other logging
programs?

David - K2DSL