[RTTY] Which filter?

Stephen M. Shearer wb3lgc at verizon.net
Sun Sep 5 05:32:11 PDT 2010

From: http://kv5r.com/articles/ham/706.asp
Items 9 and 10: Optional Filters: Set to "No" if you have not purchased
optional filters. If you add one filter, I recommend the FL-232 in slot 1,
and set the "Opt. Fil 1" setting to FL-223. This will (1) give you an
effective CW filter and (2) let you select "N" (narrow) while on SSB, giving
you the 350 Hz filter for digital modes like PSK-31. Installing the 232 but
selecting the 223 fools the radio, so you can use it on SSB. See the Section
below on Filters.

I did the above.  It works.  It helps.  You do need to shift the IF to find
the "opening" in the filter.  I may have defined my filter as "wide"? (I
think I have 1.9KHZ filter in narrow) and I think I have a 500HZ filter
installed.  (Not sure they make it anymore?)
Also see: http://home.computer.net/~pritch/ic706fil.htm

73, Steve