[RTTY] N1MM + KENWOOD Radio Control = Chirp..??

Michael Haack mikehaack at aol.com
Sat Apr 2 23:20:38 PDT 2011

  Bob,

I'm running N1MM on RIGBLASTER PRO in a TS950SDX  running FSK.
The Rigblaster running on a USB /serial interface.
The Com to Radio a W1GEE cable interface on a USB/serial interface.

What I believe I'm seeing/hearing is the Radio Com port interfering with
the FSK signal.
It is not constant during transmissions but rather rhythmic 4 or 5
chirps then a period of "normal" transmission with repeats every several
seconds.

It occurs if I enable the "rig interface" and TX through N1MM/Rigblaster.
It occurs when the "rig interface" is enabled, even if I simply press
the "send/receive" button on the TS950SDX.
Which is what is making me lean toward "rig control" rather then signals
from the Rigblaster.