[RTTY] Looking for RTTY Help

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed Apr 13 06:08:28 PDT 2011

> I tried to check into a RTTY net last night. The net control came
> back with "sounds like someone is trying to check in but I only hear
> the mark tone, check your set up"

This is a typical indication that you are trying to use the RTTY
mode of your transceiver instead of LSB for AFSK.  The SignaLink
USB is a *soundcard only* and does not support traditional FSK.

You will need to configure and your transceiver exactly like you
would for PSK31 in order to use AFSK with the Signalink USB.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV