[RTTY] Another macros' observation

Anthony J. Cioffi n2ki at hvc.rr.com
Fri Apr 29 11:42:06 PDT 2011

I agree. CQ at the end.

A. J. Cioffi (N2KI)
www.n2ki.com
Sent From Blackberry

-----Original Message-----
From: "Vladimir Sidorov" <vs_otw at rogers.com>
Sender: rtty-bounces at contesting.com
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 14:31:42
To: <rtty at contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Another macros' observation

You can also call it moaning or whining according to taste.

Every contest brings some specific observations along. The recent SP RTTY
was not an exception. I was in very briefly, just for a couple of hours, but
I've noticed surprisingly many stations calling CQ like,
CQ CONTEST DE <CALL> <CALL> CALL>.

There is no logic in that at all. If I tune to a new station, most probably
I will only get into the mid or the end of the message. What I get then?
Just <CALL> <CALL> <CALL) or perhaps even just <CALL>. Then what? Then there
are 3 options:
1. Somebody is sending and exchange to <CALL>
2. The <CALL> holder calls somebody else
3. The <CALL> holder calls CQ.

As I don't know what the <CALL> holder wants, I simply will not call him
this time. I'll have to wait for another CQ at best or, if I am not patient
enough, just keep on tuning down the band.

Just please, if you call CQ, put TEST or CQ in the end. It will speed up
things and only help you and your counterparts increase scores.

Once again (a bit emphasizing):
CQ CQ CQ <CALL> <CALL> <CALL>   -> no good
<CALL> <CALL> <CALL> TEST       -> might look strange but it works, and does
it well.

Enough moaning for now.

73,
Vladimir VE3IAE