[RTTY] I'm loud but they can't decode

George Henry ka3hsw at att.net
Mon Aug 1 11:24:03 PDT 2011

Since you're using AFSK, consider the possibility that you are overdriving the
radio...  Is the AGC kicking in?  If so, back off the output volume on the
computer until there's no AGC action.  If the radio doesn't have AGC, then start
with the volume all the way down, activate the test tone in MMTTY, and advance
the volume only to the point where the power output of the rig stops increasing
(into a dummy load, of course), then back off a tiny bit.

Having the wrong baud rate or tone wouldn't explain why PSK isn't working,
either.

George, KA3HSW