[RTTY] Digital DXCC or ARRL Board of Directors, respectfully: have my strong disagreement

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed Aug 3 08:35:37 PDT 2011

Separate Digital (all digital modes except RTTY) and RTTY DXCC
will never fly with the DXAC, Awards Committee and the Board of
Directors.

There is no way to verify which digital mode/encoding was used.
There are no separate DXCC awards for AM vs. Phone (all other analog
and voice modes except full AM).  Finally, ARRL do not want to make
the DXCC program into one with nearly 500 separate awards (like WAS)
... they will not even do separate single band DXCC awards for CW,
Phone or Digital.  And most importantly, all digital modes have
already been accepted for the "RTTY" award for more than 25 years.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV