[RTTY] Digital DXCC or ARRL Board of Directors, respectfully: have my strong disagreement

Tom Osborne w7why at frontier.com
Wed Aug 3 15:58:05 PDT 2011

REPLY:

Yes and no. Top of the Honor Roll is doable on RTTY, on other digital modes
it
would be far more difficult. If someone has the persistence and dedication
achieve it with PSK or MFSK or something else, shouldn't they be able to
receive
a certificate that says so?

If you take away the goal of that special certificate, you diminish the
interest
and activity of those who wish to pursue it. Is that good for Amateur Radio?

73, Bill W6WRT

You are right on that Bill.

Don't think many of the RTTY countries I got back in the 60's and 70's were
on PSK, (or any other 'digital' mode).  It was an old mechanical Model 15
that worked 'em.  Just an carrier that was shifting back and forth 170 (or
850) cycles.

Probably the word 'digital' wasn't even coined yet back then.

Makes me wonder, when did 'digital' start??  73

Tom W7WHY