[RTTY] DXCC

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Wed Aug 3 22:49:49 PDT 2011

"The ARRL should be increasing the scope of their awards, not shrinking it."

They are doing neither. They are simply renaming the award to embrace
all digital communications. As a prolific operator of PSK31, I have
worked DXCC on that mode. I certainly don't want "RTTY DXCC" printed on
my certificate. I didn't work those 100+ stations on RTTY.

That said, I agree there could be an opportunity for the ARRL to
generate "Awards Revenue" if they expanded the existing award system.
But that's a different cost/benefit decision they need to make. THAT
would be the question to ask the directors, whether anyone has been
assigned the task to investigate it and create a report.

Don't waste the ARRL's time by arguing about the placement of ink dots
on a certificate that has no relevance to reality.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN