[RTTY] Digital DXCC or ARRL Board of Directors, respectfully: have my strong disagreement

Don AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 4 14:04:48 PDT 2011

Jay wrote: "but I guess its time for a
SO3R discussion or something to fill the reflector up again."

Barring a lightning strike or major hurricane, I'll be going back to SO3R for CQWW RTTY in September.  I'll write about it in the Jan/Feb issue of NCJ.  I'm thinking about running low tones on the 3rd radio and piping the audio into the left ear along with audio from the "normal left radio" from the original SO2R arrangement.  This way I can better differentiate the different audio signals from the two radios in one ear.  I'll probably keep the 3rd radio on ten meters and will probably only use it for S&P with an 80 meter inverted vee as the antenna.  At night I may put it on 80 meters if 20 is open late into the night or all night.  It's not much but it's a start.

Wonder if anyone is running low tones on FSK and if so, are there any issues to contend with?  I'll be running a Kenwood TS870 as the 3rd radio so I won't have a TPF (TPF in my PRO III only works with high tones I believe).

73, Don AA5AU