[RTTY] Digital DXCC or ARRL Board of Directors, respectfully: have my str...

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Thu Aug 4 15:03:19 PDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 08:58,  <Ktfrog007 at aol.com> wrote:
> There's no reason for publishing a annual DXCC book.  This is the  Internet
> age.  It's just an added expense for the ARRL.  I'm sure the  money could
> be used better elsewhere.

Long after all the PDFs are unreadable due to bit rot, I'll still be
able to read my copies of the DXCC Yearbook.

Petition the Board for a meaningless PDF of your accomplishments if
you want, but don't deny the rest of us a physical artifact of our
accomplishments.

As for not making money, the BoD just voted down project accounting at
HQ, so we really don't know if DXCC covers it's costs or not.  The
hired hands at HQ may *claim* to know but without project accounting
it's just a guess.  Same for LOTW.  Same for books, for that matter.