[RTTY] ST0R RTTY Statistics

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Thu Aug 11 08:02:53 PDT 2011

 >> They made 18,132 RTTY contacts which came to 15% of all QSOs they
 >> made.  This is pretty impressive.

While this is encouraging, it is still well short of approximately
25% of QSOs that I would expect for an expedition that treated RTTY
as an equal to CW and Phone modes.  As it is, 45% of ST0R's QSOs
were CW and nearly 40% were on phone.  This is particularly telling
since South Sudan is an all time "new one" and the demand was not
skewed due to previous activity.

With nearly three times as many CW QSOs as RTTY (Digital) QSOs and
five phone QSOs for every two RTTY QSOs, there is still a long way
to go before major DXpeditions are giving RTTY more than "lip
service."

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV