[RTTY] Response to DX Station

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 12:14:00 PDT 2011

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:01:36 -0500, Peter Laws <plaws at plaws.net> wrote:

>Doesn't matter.  If the DX calls for "USA, 5s only" I have much, much
>(did I mention "much"?) better chance of being heard regardless of
>whether the other 5s are in ME, WA, FL, or CA!  I just wish they'd do
>that more often.

REPLY:

AMEN. As someone pointed out, numbers in the USA are no longer geographical, and
so what? It's just a way of cutting the pileup down by 90 percent at a time.

I hope the DX will ignore the lids that append a portable number in hopes of
working them out of turn. If your call is W6QRP, your are a 6, period.

73, Bill W6WRT