[RTTY] Long TX tail with MMTTY

rjohnson k1vu at tmlp.com
Sat Aug 20 22:15:17 PDT 2011

HI;
I've been trying to get MMTTY working with a Microham USB  III interface for SARTG contest.

My problem is that after transmitting there is a 3 to 5 second delay  with the MARK freq. held on.
If I watch the TX button  it goes in TX immediately to send . When the message is completed the TX,
it (the TX button) changes to "REQ" for 3 to 5 second then it goes to receive.

I've watched other stations signals on a waterfall display and it appears that their "turn around time"
is a fraction of a second.

If nothing else can someone tell me what "REQ"  refers to, I can't find in the MMTTY docs.

TNX es 73
Bob, K1VU